MediaTomb is a UPnP media server with a nice Web user interface.
MediaTomb implements the UPnP MediaServer 1.0 specification. The current implementation focuses on parts that are required by the specification. MediaTomb should work with any UPnP compliant MediaRenderer.
- browse and playback your media via UPnP
- metadata extraction from mp3, ogg, flac, jpeg, etc. files.
- Exif thumbnail support
- user defined server layout based on extracted metadata (scriptable virtual containers)
- automatic directory rescans
- sophisticated web UI with a tree view of the database and the file system, allowing to add/remove/edit/browse your media
- support for external URLs (create links to internet content and serve them via UPnP to your renderer)
- support for ContentDirectoryService container updates
- Active Items (experimental feature), allows execution of server side scripts upon HTTP GET requests to certain items
- highly flexible configuration, allowing you to control the behavior of various features of the server
- support for Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X
- runs on x86, Alpha, ARM, MIPS, Sparc
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release introduces the new transcoding feature as well as a number of bugfixes and improvements.