Linksys Monitor provides a Linksys logging and dynamic DNS IP update utility.
Linksys Monitor is a POSIX-compliant application used to monitor and react to device activity of Cisco Linksys devices.
Here are some key features of "Linksys Monitor":
· logging of all inbound and outbound network connections to a file (with negative filtering capabilities)
· email notification of any inbound and outbound network connection (with negative filtering capabilities)
· IP address updates to DNS services (dynamic DNS) when the device IP address changes
· email notification of IP address changes
· periodic validation and DNS service updates of the device IP address (via Web)
· highly and easily configurable, but with a very good set of default values.
What's New in This Release:
· Code cleanup and consolidation.
· Fixed a number of bugs related to the parsing of html responses in web IP checks and IP address updates.
· Removed the manner in which the IP address is determined from the logs. This proved too unreliable and caused to many false positives. Now it determines the IP address solely from the web mannner.
· Fixed an issue when running it on a SUSE box (recvfrom() socket call not supported).