L4ip 1.0 build 299
L4ip is a daemon that extends IPFilter's simple round-robin L4 load balancing with health checks.
L4ip fully supports UDP, TCP, and system()-style executions for health checks, including send/expect scripts, SSL connections, and much more.
Here are some key features of "L4ip":
· Define as many clusters, with as many members as you need.
· Automatically adds and removes "ipnat" rules as needed.
· Flexible health check support, tcp-open, tcp-close, udp-open, udp-close, system.
· Simple scripting available for health checks in send/expect syntax with fnmatch pattern comparison
· Binary protocol supported in url-encoding style syntax (eg )
· system() like execution of external commands available. (spawn your own health-check testers)
· Reload and restart leaving last-known-state available for less service impact.
· SSL supported for TCP testers.
· Optional IPF rules to sense RST return-packets for faster failure detection.
What's New in This Release:
· Solaris SMF example files were added along with a "proxy" command for protocols that need it, such as FTP and IPSec.