Knetdump is a net-tool for analysing and visualizing basic protocols of the OSI layer 1-4. It is made to improve a university lecture/reading.
There are four different views:
- the ISO/OSI referencemodel, discribingg the different layers of the OSI-model.
- the trafficview, similary to Qtraffic,, shows connections on the net.
- the headerview shows each received paccket on the net in an header-like structure - the chatview shows ARP and TCP connecttions between two given hosts.
Linklayer supported: Ethernet, PPP (untested), Slip(untested), Token Ring
Protocols supported: ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, IPX/SPX (untested), NETBIOS (untested)
· KDE-1.X !!!
· QT-1.X !!! QT-2.x won't work !!!
What's New in This Release:
· added token ring device
· added StatsView, a new view!!!
· added saveable Options
· major changes, especially for developing StatsView!
· bugfixes in Doc