Ishtar provides a network toolbox for C++ programs.
Ishtar is a set of three C++ libraries that provide useful classes for networked applications. It features basic serialization, a protocol for remote procedure call (RPC), network accessible variables, and hierarchical config files.
A client is also provided.
Ishtar is a set of three C++ libraries providing usefull classes for use with network:
- libishtarnet: The underlying structure, provides network classes and basic serialisation.
- libishtarservices: Built upon libishtarnet, implements a protocol for remote procedure call (RPC).
- libishtarsettings: Built upon libishtarservices, provides network accessible variables and hierarchical config files.
In addition to those libraries, Ishtar contains two programs:
- ishtarclients: Clients that use the RPC to access remote services and variables.
- ishtarproxy: Gateway that redirect queries to multiple servers. Usefull in the context of robotics.
Usage in robotics
In addition to its obvious use as a RPC mechanism and config file accessor, Ishtar can be used within a robot as a software bus to connect its sensors and actuators to its control program or external monitor.