IPplan 4.92b / 6.00 Beta 2
A free (GPL), web based, multilingual, TCP IP address management software.
IPplan goes beyond TCPIP address management including DNS administration, configuration file management, circuit management (customizable via templates) and storing of hardware information (customizable via templates).
IPplan can handle a single network or cater for multiple networks and customers with overlapping address space.
- importing network definitions from routing tables
- importing definitions from TAB delimited files and NMAP's XML format
- multiple administrators with different access profiles (per group, allowing access per customer, per network etc.)
- define address space authority boundaries per group
- finding free address space across a range
- split and join networks to make them smaller and larger - ip definitions remain intact
- display overlapping address space between networks
- search capabilities
- an audit log
- keeping track of and sending SWIP/RIPE/APNIC registrar information
- DNS administration (forward and reverse zones, import existing zones via zone transfer)
- template system to extend IPplan to contain site specific information like circuit data, host configuration data, asset information
- device configuration file management
- link addresses together via pointers - ideal for NAT
- external stylesheet to change display look
- triggers - every user event can call a user defined function - useful to execute backend DNS scripts
- external poller - scan subnets for active addresses to gather usage statistics
- IP address request system - allows users to request static IP addresses from the database
- Two authentication methods are available - either IPplan's own internal authentication scheme, or alternatively make use of any external Apache authentication module. This includes single sign on systems like SiteMinder or your own scheme based on LDAP, or any other Apache compatible system.
- Looking for a whois server that works with IPplan - you will find one in the IPplanAPI package. Using the API you can build DHCP configs, and build all kinds of custom applications for your site by reading data out of the IPplan database.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 4.92b
- This version resolves installation issues with MySQL 5.5.