IPConf is an utility to automatically detect the network connected to an interface and configure it, including: static or dynamic IP assignment, host file and DNS resolver file.
IPConf uses a simple configuration file and can run arbitrary commands when the interface goes up. The name of the detected network is saved and made available for the rest of the system.
Here are some key features of "IPConf":
· simple and clean syntax for the configuration;
· create host file and DNS file;
· can call any DHCP-like client to automatically configure the interface;
· can assign static IP address;
· can run arbitrary programs when the interface goes up;
· the name of the detected network is saved in a file so it can be used by any shell script.