GTK+/Gnome Remote Desktop Client
The whole story started from my new netbook Eee PC. I bought it and installed Debian on it. I really enjoyed it until I realized that the default installation of the RDP client 'tsclient' on Debian is quite annoying for me:
* The Eee PC has very small screen resolution, but it won't allow me to scroll when I am connecting to my desktop. I can move the window by pressing Alt, but I have to disable capturing all WM key bindings, and it means no Alt-Tab in remote desktop. This made me crazy.
* In fullscreen mode, it occupies all my virtual desktops and provides no control. I can do nothing else when I am connecting to my desktop. When I roll my desktop cube, RDP is in all sides.
* I had great experience with Krdc, which is part of the KDE project. But in order to install Krdc in Gnome desktop, I have to install tons of additional dependencies; This is obvious not a good news for a small netbook user, or a Gnome fan.
* Remote desktop is one of the most frequently used application to me in my netbook; I have to look for a perfect solution.
Well, if you happen to be in the same boat as me, I hope this is the place you are looking for!
- The Grdc main program:
- A pure GTK+ 2.0 application!
- Maintain a list of remote desktop files for most frequently used servers
- Make quick connections by directly putting in the server name
- Remote desktops with higher resolutions are scrollable in both window and fullscreen mode
- Viewport fullscreen mode: remote desktop automatically scrolls when the mouse moves over the screen edge.
- Floating toolbar in fullscreen mode, allows you to switch between modes, toggle keyboard grabbing, minimize, etc.
- RDP protocol is supported by rdesktop; VNC protocol is supported by libvncclient.
- The Grdc Gnome applet:
- A Gnome desktop applet for easy-access of Grdc main features
- List all remote desktop files and make the connection easily
- Support remote desktop files grouping feature
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Add Avahi support using libavahi-ui
- Option tstart a connection in view-only mode
- Enhanced command line arguments tsupport new grdc-applet features
- Black Scrolled Viewport border (Nikolay Botev)