GNUnet is an open source software that provides an infrastructure for secure peer-to-peer (P2P) networking.
GNUnet provides a transport abstraction layer and can currently encapsulate the network traffic in UDP (IPv4 and IPv6), TCP (IPv4 and IPv6), HTTP, or SMTP messages.
· GNU MP Bignum Library
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· flow- and congestion-control for GNUnet's multicast subsystem
· support for exit policies and exit discovery for the GNUnet VPN
· support for reverse-proxies for HTTP and HTTPS transports
· GNUnet Naming System, an initial implementation of the GNU Alternative Domain System (GADS)
· gnunet-auto-share for automatically sharing a directory is available again
· gnunet-download now has a progress bar
· new API for ultra large-scale testing and benchmarking
· new API for reliable, ordered bidirectional communication between peers
· reductions in memory consumption (about 25%)
· performance improvements, especially on W32