Firetero is a firewall for a single computer. Default setup works for any workstation. For a server, sample configuration is available for most common daemons.
Here are some key features of "Firetero":
· Easy to use: default configuration allows all client programs (browse web, send email...) but denies access to your computer from the Internet
· Uses iptables syntax: no new language to learn, leverage your existing skills
· Example configuration for
· Servers: Web, SSH
· Traffic shaping (initial support)
· Uses standard /etc/init.d script and keeps configuration in standard place /etc/firetero
· Code is troughoutly commented, easy to read and verify.
· Creates human readable firewall (for example, ‘iptables -L’ output is readable)
Firetero is based on Karvinen 2003-2006: “Firewall for Single Host with Iptables”.