Firestarter is a firewall creation/monitoring tool.
You can open and close ports with a few clicks, or stealth your services giving access only to a select few.
It features a real-time hit monitor which you can watch as attackers probe your machine for open ports.
- Open Source software, available free of charge
- User friendly, easy to use, graphical interface
- A wizard walks you through setting up your firewall on your first time
- Suitable for use on desktops, servers and gateways
- Real-time firewall event monitor shows intrusion attempts as they happen
- Enables Internet connection sharing, optionally with DHCP service for the clients
- Allows you to define both inbound and outbound access policy
- Open or stealth ports, shaping your firewalling with just a few mouse clicks
- Enable port forwarding for your local network in just seconds
- Option to whitelist or blacklist traffic
- Real time firewall events view
- View active network connections, including any traffic routed through the firewall
- Advanced Linux kernel tuning features provide protection from flooding, broadcasting and spoofing
- Support for tuning ICMP parameters to stop Denial of Service (DoS) attacks
- Support for tuning ToS parameters to improve services for connected client computers
- Ability to hook up user defined scripts or rulesets before or after firewall activation
- Supports Linux Kernels 2.4 and 2.6
- Translations available for many languages (38 languages as of November 2004)