Cancerbero is a portscan engine based in nmap.
Here are some key features of "Cancerbero":
· Graphical configuration.
· Multiple sensors scanning can be deployed.
· There is no limit in the number of ranges to scan.
· Discover the alive (not firewalled) hosts.
· Scans 1-65535 TCP ports of each host.
· Attempts to discover the REAL application and version behind each port.
· Attempts to discover the OS of each host.
· Store all the information in a MySQL database.
· Rescan each host at a defined interval.
· White-Lists with hosts or ranges that you don't like to scan can be defined.
· The information can be access through a graphical interface∞ (web based)
· You decide how many scans should be archived.
· Stats of all the data are provided.
Install instructions can be found in: http://cancerbero.sourceforge.net/wikka.php?wakka=Install
Cancerbero 0.5 has 2 components: Web GUI and Sensor.
Web GUI dependences:
· apache or apache2
· apache-mod-php4 or apache2-mod-php4
· mysql >= 4.1 (5.0 also supported)
· nmap >= 3.81
· nmap-parser-perl >= 1.05
What's New in This Release:
· New and useful features were added.
· An alert system was added for changes with optional mail notification to the owner.
· Plugins are supported to extend alerts.
· A flexible owner system (for hosts, ranges, or sensors) is used with individual alerts configuration.
· A new and easy install/upgrade process was implemented.
· Complete control from the GUI is possible.
· Lots of minor fixes and improvements were made.