Anemon Dhcp Server's goal is to create an implementation of the DHCP protocol under GPL and a lot of stuff around to facilitate network management.
The python sqlobject modules gives anemon the ability to use many database as backend (mysql, postgresql, mssql, sqllite, sybase, etc..)
The project is subdivised (at the moment) in 4 components :
- The Anemon Dhcp Server is a Python/SQL implementation of the DHCP server protocol
- The Anemon Web Center is a web management interface to Anemon Dhcp Server and MyDNS
- The Anemon Dhcp Client will be a Python implementation of the DHCP client protocol
- The Anemon Dhcp relay will be a Python implementation of the DHCP relay protocol
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This is the first really usable version.
· It corrects a lot of bugs from the 0.3 version, and adds a lot of minor features that make the server usable, such as daemonization, green threading (Python thread), caching, a major code cleanup, better DHCP compliant behavior, charge tests (with the anemon client generator), the removal of SQL injection possibilities, and more.