nagios-notify is template based notification script for Nagios.
- the templates are easily edited in text editor 
- you won't be worried about if the command definition contains shell syntax errors (which Nagios happlily discards without any trace in logs)
- you can change templates without restarting Nagios
- with advanced templates you can send richtext (even images!) over jabber if you use nagios-notify-jabber 
- minimal dependency (just coreutils, awk and sed that you most likely already have installed)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.12
- Templates and sample config have been renamed to follow the nagios 3.0 naming schema: s/host-notify-by-/notify-host-by-/; s/notify-by-/notify-service-by-/.
- Primitive support has been added for conditions in templates. $(math) and $(urlencode) handlers for templates have been added.