lm-monitor is a daemon that run sensors at a defined interval (15 seconds by default) and checks the output.
If a sensor value has gone outside the defined limit since the last reading, an email message is sent to one or more administrators, alerting them about the condition so they can take appropriate action.
lm-monitor requires the lm-sensors package and a working email configuration, including the "mail" command.
What's New in This Release:
· Found and corrected a bug in MailText() that generated unvalid indices into SData member arrays.
· Wrote a script to create an unprivileged system account.
· Added code to drop root privilegies and run as the system account mentioned above.
· The install target creates a separate directory for lm-monitor in $(PIDDIR) (normally /var/run), and sets owner and group to lm-monitor. This is neccesary for lm-monitor to be able to remove the pidfile on exit, after having dropped root privilegies.
· Corrected the manpage regarding the --verify-config option.
· Added --help and --version as valid options (previously only -h and -v was accepted).
· Found and corrected a bug in EvaluateAlarm() where newBits was used instead of oldBits when composing mail messages for restored alarms.