hobbitalarm aims to be a notification client for the Hobbit / Big Brother monitor. It can be configured to execute commands on your local desktop when an alert has been caught by the hobbit monitor.
The project receives the information about the Hobbit state by polling the Hobbit / Big Brother Web frontend on a configurable, regular basis.
- copy hobbitalarm (x86, gcc4) to your path e.g. /usr/local/bin
- compile for your platform "gcc -o hobbitalarm hobbital.c" and copy the resulting binary to your path
What's New in This Release:
· This release is in a very early development state.
· Currently, there is no build environment.
· On Linux it compiles with gcc, and for Windows an OpenWatcomC Project is attached to the source code.
· The resulting binaries, early documentation, and configuration examples are bundled.
· It is tagged pre-alpha because essential functions, like process detaching or (for Windows) system tray functionality, are not implemented yet.
· Basic notification is working. Htaccess protected Hobbit / Big Brother Web frontends cannot be reached because no authentication has been implemented yet.