hobbitalarm aims to be a notification client for the Hobbit / Big Brother monitor.
The project receives the information about the Hobbit state by polling the Hobbit / Big Brother Web frontend on a configurable, regular basis.
- copy hobbitalarm (x86, gcc4) to your path e.g. /usr/local/bin
- compile for your platform "gcc -o hobbitalarm hobbital.c" and copy the resulting binary to your path
What's New in This Release:
· This release is in a very early development state.
· Currently, there is no build environment.
· On Linux it compiles with gcc, and for Windows an OpenWatcomC Project is attached to the source code.
· The resulting binaries, early documentation, and configuration examples are bundled.
· It is tagged pre-alpha because essential functions, like process detaching or (for Windows) system tray functionality, are not implemented yet.
· Basic notification is working. Htaccess protected Hobbit / Big Brother Web frontends cannot be reached because no authentication has been implemented yet.