ebtables is a filtering tool for a bridging firewall. A firewalling tool to transparently filter network traffic passing a bridge. The filtering possibilities are limited to link layer filtering and some basic filtering on higher network layers. Advanced logging, MAC DNAT/SNAT and brouter facilities are also included.
The ebtables tool can be used together with the other Linux filtering tools, iptables/ip6tables/arptables. There are no incompatibility issues.
This site also has the latest ebtables/bridge-nf patches for the 2.4 kernel series.
The arptables userspace tool is also maintained here.
What's New in This Release:
· ebtables modules are now located in /usr/lib/ebtables/
· added '/sbin/service ebtables' support
· added ebtables-save (thanks to Rok Papez ) and ebtables-restore (the first one a perl script, the second one written in c (fast)
· optimized the code for the '-A' command, making ebtables-restore very fast.
· ebtablesd/ebtablesu is deprecated and not compiled by default the ebtables-save/ebtables-restore scheme is much better
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The previous release still had a bug with byte-/packet counters, which is now fully addressed.