yaspi (Yosi's Anti-Spam POP3 fIlter bot) is a POP3 mail-scanner specifically made to combat mail bombings caused by viruses (i.e. Swen). It connects to the POP3 server, inspects the messages, and deletes the infected ones by itself automatically without ever downloading them.
yaspi most interesting feature is that it can automatically send abuse reports to the ISPs where the mails were originated. This way, most infected machines will be either disinfected or disconnected from the Internet (and so, sending infected mails!).
Here are some key features of "YosisAntiSpamPOP3fIlterbot":
· it's free, distributed under the GNU GPL
· runs under Windows and Unix/Linux (maybe under Mac OS X, but untested)
· virus detecting rules are fully customizable
· integrated with Ricochet to send abuse reports
What's New in This Release:
· yaspi was killing its own messages, new rule added to let them pass
· new GUI available, still alfa, have several know bugs (but it's not going to corrupt your mailbox, I hope!).