TDA goal is to provide a small utility helping offline analysis of production enviroments like application servers.
There is a quite nice Thread Dump Analysis Tool for Websphere environments but which only works with IBM JDKs. Motivation for this little tool was to have something similar for Sun JDKs.
The TDA Thread Dump Analyzer is a small Swing GUI for analyzing Thread Dumps generated by the Sun Java VM (currently tested with 1.4.x releases). It parses the thread dumps from a provided log file.
It provides statistics informations about the found thread dumps, gives information about locked monitors and waiting threads. It can diff between threads to look for similarities and has a "long-running-thread" detection.
- parsing all thread dumps of a log file, using a specified regular expression for log file time stamps (thread dumps don't have any date information by default), displaying them in a tree.
- Display of statistic data about the found thread dumps, display of monitors, waiting, sleeping and locking threads,
- integrated class histogram analysis for a specific thread dump (using the -XX:+PrintClassHistogram option of the VM), can also be parsed from a second file, if loggc-Option was used (to log to a different VM).
- parser interface for integrating dump parser for other VMs
- displays deadlock information from the thread dump.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Tool now is available as VisualVM plugin.
- Skip broken thread dumps.
- Custom Thread Categories.
- New Welcome Screen.