Spong 2.8.0 beta2
Spong is a simple systems and network monitoring package.
It is not SNMP based, it communcates via simple TCP based messages. It is written in Perl. It can currently run on every major Unix and Unix-like operating systems.
Here are some key features of "Spong":
· client based monitoring (CPU, disk, processes, logs, etc.)
· monitoring of network services (smtp, http, ping, pop, dns, etc.)
· grouping of hosts (routers, servers, workstations, PCs)
· rules based messaging when problems occur
· configurable on a host by host basis
· results displayed via text or web based interface
· history of problems
· verbose information to help diagnosis problems
· modular programs to makes it easy to add or replace check functions or features
· Big Brother BBSERVER emulation to allow Big Brother Clients to be used
What's New in This Release:
· Many new plugins and bugfixes were added.