SpamFirewall is a mail server filter script that automatically blocks mail servers that send too much spam.
This first version of the software is alittle hard coded. I want to make it more
modular with a client/server setup, plugins for different firewall systems, and
plugins for spam matching. At present however its geared toward postfix, iptables
To run te firewall make these steps:
Run spamfirewall.sql against your mysql server. Or the update sql patches.
Modify spamfirewall and spamfirewallmaintenance to match your mysql users prefs, spam thresholds, and expire times.
Add spamfirewall to your MTAs filter script. An example filter.sh is included.
Add spamfirewallmaintenance to cron. For example the following /etc/crontab line to run once an hour:
09 */1 * * * root /usr/local/bin/spamfirewallmaintenance >/dev/null
Here are some key features of "SpamFirewall":
- - Automatically queues the IP addresses of mail servers and spammers from messages
- that match the spam rules.
- Automatically firewall those mailservers and spammers if they send enough spam to meet your desired threshold.
- Automatically removes IP addresses from the queue and from the blocked list after a specified expiration period.
- Each repeat offense from a spammer will increase the amount of time they are blocked. With good behavior the amount of time will decrease.