PerfMon4j is a software API created to diagnose and monitor application performance while the software is under load. It allows monitoring application on many levels, including:
* Method via declarative programming using Java Annotations.
* Method level via the Java Agent Instrumentation API.
* Servlet Request level via a Servlet Filter.
* Arbitrary code execution point via inserted timers.
Additional facilities enable monitoring web request, client browser information and arbitrary system health information
Perfmon4j should not be confused with a profiler. While profilers are typically used to snapshot performance in test environments Perfmon4j provides an API to build performance monitors into your application. Like a profiler, Perfmon4j can monitor Java classes/methods at the byte code level without inserting custom code. Perfmon4j provides features beyond those typically found in profilers to enable the creation of a comprehensive monitoring system that enables detailed metrics on the usage and performance of your deployed system under load. These features include:
* Random Sampling -
* UserAgent Tracking (For Web based applications)
* Arbitrary timings based on code insertion
* Nested timings
* Monitor throughput and maximum concurrent threads
* Monitor arbitrary server metrics.
* Extremely low overhead when monitoring is disabled
* Extendable appender can be used to write data metrics to a variety of output formats.
* Arbitrary timings based on method parameters
Perfmon4j is an API designed to integrate performance monitoring and logging into your enterprise application. It is intended to be deployed in production environment to monitor detailed system metrics and usage pattern.
Perfmon4j has proven to be a powerful and effective tool in monitoring large scale enterprise applications under load.
Here are some key features of "Perfmon4j":
· Interval Timing
· Java Agent Instrumentation of code
· Runtime configuration through XML Based Configuration files
· Servlet Request Monitoring
· Java Stack Trace Sampling
· Interval Monitoring
· Snapshot Monitor Support
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This minor maintenance release includes features to make XML configuration less error-prone.