ScannerDaemon is the virus scanner of the OpenAntivirus project. You can send a filename to it via simple TCP and it will scan the file for viruses and tell you if the file is infected or not.
The ScannerDaemon listens on localhost's port 8127 for absolute filenames and absolute directorynames. It scans the files/all files in the directory and reports 'OK' if no virus has been found or 'FOUND: ' if a virus has been detected.
You can start the ScannerDaemon simply by typing:
java -jar ScannerDaemon.jar
If you did not forget the Credo-files, it should come up and listen on port 8127. You can also give the name of the directory as a command-line parameter, like
java -jar ScannerDaemon.jar -credo.directory
What's New in This Release:
· Adaptions to new listener and filter scheme
· Bugfix: allow more than one signature file in one credo file
· Bugfix: close files used by UPXFilter
· Bugfix: wrong failure transitions
· Improvement: less memory consumption for nodes
· Improvement: UPXFilter scans uncompressed and compressed file