OSSMON is easy to use web-based monitoring system based on Naviserver or AOLServer and OSSWEB application framework. OSSMON supports SNMP, RADIUS, ICMP, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, Syslog, Mailbox.
Here are some key features of "OSSMON":
· Written on Tcl, SNMP module is C/C++
· PostgreSQL as database backend
· main goal is to have the system that monitors network devices and produces alerts when problem occurs or device is unaccessable
· alert rules can be defined based on variables from the database or received from remote devices, OSSMON comes with predefined rules for common network alerts
· reporting, performance charts, network maps
· integrated with OSSWEB Tasks/Problem system for tracking OSSMON alerts like trouble tickets
· supports small and middle size networks
· turnkey installation, no external dependencies, everything runs on Naviserver/AOLserver
· Net-SNMP agents can be used for OSSMON-MIB support: syslogTable, psTable, netstatTable, pingTable
· easy and intuitive web interface, usefull immediately after installation
· extensible architecture, adding new devices and monitoring is easy, just implement one procedure for any specific protocol and OSSMON will take care of the rest
· Full source code is available for download
What's New in This Release:
· OSSMON is now included in the OSSWEB application framework.
· The engine was redesigned.
· Performance and resource utilization were improved.
· The GUI was updated.
· More monitors were introduced.