Nagstamon resides in systray or as a floating statusbar at the desktop showing a brief summary of critical, warning, unknown, unreachable and down hosts and services and pops up a detailed status overview when moving the mouse pointer over it.
It is inspired by Nagios Checker for Firefox - I just did not want to have an open Firefox window all the time to monitor our network.
Nagstamon is written in Python so it is highly portable. It has been tested successfully on Ubuntu 8.04, Centos 5.2, Fedora 8 + 9, OpenSUSE 11.0, Windows 2000 + XP + XP 64bit + Vista + Windows 2008 Server. It works with GNOME, KDE and Windows desktop.
Successfully tested Nagios versions include 2.x and 3.x.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· added custom actions in context menu (see documentation)
· added reauthentication in case of authenticaton problems
· added filter for flapping hosts and services
· added history button for monitors
· added shortcut to filter settings in popup window
· improved keyboard usage in acknowledge/downtime/submit dialogs
· changed configuration file to configuration directory (default: ~/.nagstamon)
· fixed bug in Icinga acknowledgement
· fixed bug in Check_MK Multisite sorting
· fixed some Check_MK Multisite UTF trouble
· fixed some major GUI bugs