Nagiosgraph is a Nagios add-on that parses output and performance data from Nagios plugins, and stores the data in RRD files. Links to HTML pages with graphs can be made from Nagios monitoring pages. Easy to setup for normal use, but offers high level of customization.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
new configuration options (see nagiosgraph.conf for details):
· colormax (optional)
· colormin (optional)
· language (optional)
· showprocessingtime (optional)
· default_geometry (optional)
· cgilogfile (optional)
· authzmethod (optional)
· added access control. there are two ways to define access controls. the
· default is to use the access control built in to nagios. this works for
· nagios 3 and perhaps for older nagios releases. the other way is to use
· an access control file specific to nagiosgraph.
· added i18n. this is a very basic, no-dependencies implementation. the
· intent is to be completely self contained, add minimal overhead, and not
· break existing installations. error messages are not translated. the
· language is detected from the HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE variable. this can
· be overridden by explicit cgi argument. language can be forced by
· specifying it in the nagiosgraph configuration file.
· added labels file. labels can be specified individually via cgi arguments
· or via configuration files for specific combinations of host/service/data.
· labels can be overridden for individual languages, independenly of i18n.
· labels in nagiosgraph.conf are now ignored. move them to the labels file.
· recognize relative paths for configuration filenames. prepend the config
· dir when relative paths are specified.
· include a line with the hostname in the input to the map rules. this
· enables the use of map rules that are host-specific. this is a significant
· change from the previous 3-line behavior, but it will not break existing
· map rules unless they depend on the line count. having the host information
· also makes it easier to diagnose parsing issues when processing data.
· remove trailing newline from perfdata string.
· prevent name clashes between data set names by using qualified identifiers
· rather than just data names in graph definitions. this enables graphing
· of data sources from multiple databases even if the data sources have the
· same name.
· optionally specify max/min colors that will be used for the withmaximums
· and withminimums services, respectively.
· optionally report processing time. processing time does *notinclude the
· time required by showgraph.cgi to generate all of the graphs.
· optionally specify a default width and height.
· hostdb.conf and servdb.conf are now optional. if these files are not
· specified, or if they contain no entries, then data for every service
· (showhost.cgi) and data for every host (showservice.cgi) will be
· displayed. use the hostdb and servdb files to filter graphs and
· control the order in which graphs are shown.
· started refactoring of code to eliminate redundant trips to disk for
· host/service/dataset listings and to enable pattern matching in
· the *db.conf files.
· contents of README.map are now in INSTALL
· display rrdgraph and other error messages if GD is installed. log the
· error messages whether or not GD is installed.
· do not create data directories unless we really have to do so (fixes a
· longstanding permissions bug)
· use separate cgi log file to avoid permissions conflicts. attempt to
· fallback gracefully when permissions are not configured properly.
· consolidated log file initialization.
· refactored error handling and reporting, should be more consistent now.
· refer to 'new style' and 'old style' processing as 'batch' and 'immediate'
· removed fixedscale from GUI. it remains as a cgi argument for backward
· compatibility, but it is better to define fixed scale using rrdopts.
· the syntax is '-X 0'.
· check data source name when creating rrd files. complain loudly and bail
· out if the name is invalid.
· be consistent in code and documentation for database and data source.
· added div to warn when nagiosgraph.js is not installed or wrong version.