Modem.pl is a small script that scrapes the web interface of a Motorola SURFboard cable modem for various status conditions like signal strength and signal to noise.
The results are sent to STDOUT where they can be easily piped into a log file. The modem values are also checked for reasonable operating ranges.
If the modem values are outside of reasonable operating ranges, results are also sent to STDERR. When run from a cron job, modem.pl can be used to monitor the condition of the cable service and notify someone before conditions cause service interruptions.
Here are some key features of "Modem pl":
· Captures operating conditions of a Motorola SURFboard cable modem.
· Runs interactively or from a scheduled job (cron)
· Output is formatted with a standard log time stamp when scheduled.
· Checks modem values for reasonable operating ranges.
· Errors and warnings are duplicated to STDERR.
· Perl 5.005 or above
What's New in This Release:
· Confirmed support for model SB4200.
· modem_graph.pl has been fixed to suppress "attempt to put segment in horiz list twice" warnings from librsvg.