GNOME System Monitor description
This is the official system monitoring application for the GNOME desktop environment
GNOME System Monitor is an open source and free graphical utility designed especially for the GNOME desktop environment, allowing users to interact with running processes and monitor their entire system.
GNOME System Monitor has quite nice features, such as a tree view for process dependencies, the ability to hide processes that you don't want to see, icons for processes, as well as graphical time histories of CPU, RAM, and SWAP usage.
The app also allows users to to kill/renice processes that beed root access.. The project's optional requirements include libgksu2 (recommended), libgnomesu, libselinux, and lsb_release in PATH (recommended on Linux).
- List of fixed bugs:
- 712518 update intervals aren't loaded into prefs dialog
- 712360 procman_pkexec free result of g_strdup_printf
- 708657 Add desktop-file-validate to distcheck
- 711366 Keyboard focus is impractical during Process searching
- Added/updated translations:
- ca, courtesy of Gil Forcada
- ca@valencia, courtesy of Gil Forcada
- el, courtesy of Dimitris Spingos (Δημήτρης Σπίγγος)
- et, courtesy of Mattias Põldaru
- fa, courtesy of Arash Mousavi
- fi, courtesy of Jiri Grönroos
- th, courtesy of Akom Chotiphantawanon
- zh_CN, courtesy of tuhaihe