GKrellM Newsticker project is a newsticker plugin for GKrellM.
GKrellM Newsticker is a newsticker plugin for the GTK+ system monitor GKrellM. It supports the widely-used RDF format.
GKrellM Newsticker is a plugin for GKrellM, a great GTK+ system monitor. This plugin scrolls headlines retrieved from news sites like Slashdot and others, each in its own panel.
The plugin comes with RDF entries for Slashdot, KDE Dot News and Gnotices. Integrating custom RDF files can be done in no time using the configuration dialog. The plugin is quite customizable, e.g. the user can set the speed the headlines are scrolled with, how many headlines should be displayed for each site etc. Clicking on a panel brings up the user's favoritoute browser with the site belonging to the panel/headlines.
To easily share RDF URLs resp. newsticker sources, a user's list can be exported and imported.
What's New in This Release:
· fixed the parser, so GKrellM Newsticker will work with more RDF files
· fixed a small bug in the proxy code
· number of headlines that are scrolled can be set
· added the ability to import and export a list of RDF sources
· code cleanup
· added a timeout of 10 seconds for downloading
· added a THEMES file