GKnews provides a NNTP server monitor plugin for GKrellM2.
GKnews is an NNTP server monitor plugin for GKrellM2. For every newsgroup configured, it shows the number of new articles available on server since the last one readed. It features multiple server and newsgroup support and authentication for each server.
Here are some key features of "GKnews":
· Multiple servers support
· Multiple newsgroups per server
· Authentication support (Original AUTHINFO)
· Easy (?) configuration
· GKrellm2 (Developed with 2.2.0, but it may work with earlier versions)
· A newsreader that supports newsrc files (Tested with Pan, should work with others)
· To compile it you'll need some development headers: GTK+2 platform, glibc and gkrellm.
What's New in This Release:
· Removed unused code portions.
· Updated default check time, from 30 to 600 seconds.