FunkLoad project is a functional and load web tester, written in Python, whose main use cases are:
� Functional testing of web projects, and thus regression testing as well.
� Performance testing: by loading the web application and monitoring your servers it helps you to pinpoint bottlenecks, giving a detailed report of performance measurement.
� Load testing tool to expose bugs that do not surface in cursory testing, like volume testing or longevity testing.
� Stress testing tool to overwhelm the web application resources and test the application recoverability.
� Writing web agents by scripting any web repetitive task, like checking if a site is alive.
Here are some key features of "FunkLoad":
· Functional test are pure Python scripts using the pyUnit framework like normal unit test. Python enable complex scenarios to handle real world applications.
Truly emulates a web browser (single-threaded) using Richard Jones' webunit:
· basic authentication support
· cookies support
· emulating a browser cache
· file upload and multipart/form-data submission
· https support
Advanced test runner with many command-line options:
· set the target server url
· display the fetched page in real time in your browser
· debug mode
· green/red color mode
· Turn a functional test into a load test: just by invoking the bench runner you can identify scalability and performance problems.
Detailed bench reports in ReST or HTML (and PDF via ps2pdf) containing:
· bench configuration
· tests, pages, requests stats and charts.
· 5 slowest requests
· servers cpu usage, load average, memory/swap usage and network traffic charts.
· http error summary list
· Easy test customization using a configuration file or command line options.
· Easy test creation using TestMaker / maxq recorder, so you can use your web browser and produce a FunkLoad test automatically.
· Provides web assertion helpers.
· Provides a funkload.CPSTestCase to ease Zope and Nuxeo CPS testing.
· Easy to install and use, see examples in the demo folder.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The bench report charts has been enhanced using gnuplot 4.2, which makes FunkLoad easy to install on Red Hat or Mac OS.
· A new differential report is provided to be able to compare two bench reports.
· The proxy recorder and test runner now handle any kind of post content-type (like application/xml).
· A new demo for JBoss Seam Booking application provided.