EventWatcher is a KDE application which notifies you about various events.
"Events" are pieces of information about, for example, news ticker or blog updates, new emails, user logons, system warnings, hardware events etc.
They get collected by EventWatcher plugins and sent to the main application which lives in the KDE system tray for most of the time and displays this information.
EventWatcher requires KDE/Qt 3.2.
· DCOP: Receives "events" via KDE's desktop communication protocol, for example from other KDE applications or scripts.
· Log File Monitor: Reports changes in log files.
· RSS Feed Monitor: Watches RSS feeds provided by many news sites and blogs.
What's New in This Release:
· Event expiring:
· Remove events based on the time they were received
· Configuable behaviour: Expire agetime, Expire only unread events, Auto-expire
· KNotify support (Patch by Paul Eggleton)
· Hide plusminus button when list is empty.