AsItHappens is an open source, GPL licensed application that acts as a real-time monitor of network performance.
Here are some key features of "AsItHappens":
· Granular collection of data to the point of collecting every second
· Real-time graphing of collected data
· Response data collection via ICMP or TCP/UDP echo
· Inbound and outbound bandwidth data collection via SNMP
· Cisco NBAR (Network-based Application Recognition) Top-N collection via SNMP
· Cisco NetFlow Top-N collection via SNMP with flow grouping and match criteria options
· Optional database storage of collection sessions
· Retrieval of user-defined time intervals within a stored collection session
· Resizable graphing window with automatic scaling of graph data to fit
· Options to define how to aggregate or interpolate data when graphing e.g. to show maximums instead of averages
· The ability to add text labels to the graphing panel to explain desired areas of the graph
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version fixes multiple minor bugs and adds an option to close all open graph windows on the closing of the main application window for convenience.