Alert Manager 1.0-RC5
Alert Manager was created to run an alert command.
Alert Manager has been successfully deployed in several fortune 500 companies providing guaranteed alert delivery and command execution.
It has a very flexable configuration file that allows creation of "alert chains" - chains of commands, each with their own fallback command, failure command, timeout, retry counter, and other advanced options.
It has a method for passing messages from the command line into the various commands defined in the configuration file
Here are some key features of "Alert Manager":
· Runs any system command (defined in configuration file) and has several methods for verifying that it executed successfully.
· Logs all activity to a file.
· Has a method to prevent infinite loops of failing commands.
· Supports user definable variables in the configuration file that can be used later in that file.
· Script returns error status to the system when an error occurs and logs a detailed message.
· Verbose error messages to STDOUT if something goes wrong.
· Multiple debugging levels.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a bug in configuration file parsing that would cause alertManager to process some commented lines when it should have ignored those lines.
· Add support for passing the "message" in via STDIN. Just use a "-m stdin" and pipe some text to alertManager.
· Set SIGCHLD to IGNORE so children can exit on their own without waiting for the parent to reap them or exit.