AWeather is intended to be an advanced weather program which is designed to be used by weather enthusiasts. It is not another weather dockapp that simply displays a pre-computed forecast. AWeather is designed to be an easy to use program that integrates a variety of weather data in simple unified interface.
Here are some key features of "AWeather":
- High quality data sources (Level-II archive, etc)
- 3D Volume browser (OpenGL)
- GTK+ User Interface
- API for algorithms (vortex/hail signatures, rain-rate, etc)
- This version adds support for GPS tracking under Linux using GPSd.
- Toggle buttons have also been added for displaying county-based and storm-based alerts, and the window size and position are automatically saved.