BitRock InstallBuilder for Qt allows you to create easy-to-use installers for Unix, Windows and OS X.
The generated installer for an application has a native look-and-feel and no external dependencies, and can be run in GUI, text, and unattended modes. In addition to self-contained installers, the installation tool is also able to generate standalone RPM packages.
This edition uses Qt as the default GUI toolkit. It offers free licenses for open source projects.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Disabled the debugger in platforms other than Windows, Linux and OS X
· Single platform Linux edition can now build both x86 and x64 binaries
· Improved Java launchers to support generating console applications
· Improved LZMA support on Linux x64
· Improved xwindow mode to support the setting
· Added French translation to the AutoUpdate tool
· Added text mode support when using minimalWithDialogs UI mode
· Improved platform_name built-in variable to allow identifying CDROM builds programmatically
· Updated Linux Distributions detection and added Amazon Linux distribution to the list of platforms
· Updated documentation
· New installer_error_code and installer_error_code_original built-in variables
· Fixed rule not properly working in some scenarios
· Fixed some files being packed twice on Windows
· Fixed not properly working in some Windows scenarios
· Fixed uninstaller not properly finding its data file in some scenarios
· Fixed not triggering the in case of error
· Properly set the installation log permissions when configuring the and settings
· Fixed action not properly configuring its scope
· Fixed components not allowing programmatic selection at some points of the installation when enabling