BitRock InstallBuilder for Qt allows you to create easy-to-use installers for Unix, Windows and OS X.
The generated installer for an application has a native look-and-feel and no external dependencies, and can be run in GUI, text, and unattended modes. In addition to self-contained installers, the installation tool is also able to generate standalone RPM packages.
This edition uses Qt as the default GUI toolkit. It offers free licenses for open source projects.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Installers are now able to register Windows file extensions at the user scope.
· New actions 'encodeBase64' and 'decodeBase64' allow to encode/decode any string using base64.
· New 'componentTest' rule, allow to check the presence of a component on the current project.
· Link creation now supports abort/retry/ignore.
· Fixed issue in OS X case-sensitive HFS+ file systems.
· Fix 'showProgressDialog' action for Linux 64-bit platforms.
· POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITY: Japanese language code is now 'ja' instead of the current 'jp'. Most customers will not be affected because 'jp' is also recognized automatically, but there may be an issue is you explicitly use variable 'installation_language_code' in you code.
· Fixed issue with 'registryGetKey' and 'registryGetMatch' not being case-insensitive in certain cases.
· Fix missing text messages on OS X root installations.
· Fix OS X firewall warning being thrown when running the installers.
· New 'uninstallationLogFile' project property, allow to configure the path for the log file during uninstallation.
· Installers now show a meaningful error message when the specified encoding is incorrect or not supported.
· New convenience 'isTrue' and 'isFalse' rules.