AntInstaller allows you to create installers for your applications with an install process based on Ant. The user interface is defined ins a simple XML configuration file and the install process is defined in a standard Ant build.xml file. The installer can be packed as a single self extracting Jar file. By using a custom Ant task the creation of the installer can be integrated into existing Ant based builds, includin Maven.
Version beta0.8 is the 12th official release. AntInstaller has maintained it's simplicity while the core product and user interface have been extended based on user requested features. From the outset has always permitted the full potential of Ant including optional tasks for the build process.
Here are some key features of "AntInstaller":
- Full Ant integration at run time.
- Flexible swing based GUI.
- Command line UI with all features when a windows session is not available.
- Internationalisation of installers, and application messages.
- Extensive documentation.
- Pluggable Look And Feel.
- Silent, and or repeatable installs.
- Validation tools for configuration files.
- Pluggable validation routines for user entry.
- Multiplatform support.