Adobe AIR runtime allows Adobe AIR applications to be deployed on computers and devices running the Linux operating system. In addition, Adobe Flex Builder for Linux can be used to build rich internet applications that deploy to the desktop and run across operating systems using proven web technologies.
Supported Linux Distributions
- RedHat Desktop Linux 4
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5
- Novell Desktop Linux 9
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
Supported Languages English only. The final version of AIR for Linux will include support for other languages.
Supported Desktop Environments: GNOME or KDE
Package Management Systems: RPM or Debian
Window Managers: Metacity (default for GNOME) or KWin (default for KDE)
Transparency: Support for transparency in AIR applications requires a compositing window manager and additional X server extensions:
Compositing Window Managers: Beryl, Compiz, Compiz-fusion
X Server Extensions: Composite, Render, Shape
Here are some key features of "Adobe AIR":
· Runtime/Application Install/Update and Uninstall.
· HTML Loader with JS support to render HTML within AIR applications.
· Local Database APIs
· File system support with support for user folders like Desktop/Documents etc.
· Desktop Integration with Drag and drop, clipboard support
· Windowing support with System chrome none/standard
· Menu support with context menu, menu bar, pop up menus and menu events.
· Network change detection (Event.NETWORK_CHANGE )
· System wide idle detection (userIdle Event)
· NativeApplication APIs
· Capabilities (OS) API
· Mouse events
· Detection of running application (InvokeEvent.INVOKE)
· File type registration
· System tray icon and menu support
· Hardware acceleration
· Menu keyboard accelerators
· Screen API (multi-monitor support)
· V4L2 camera support, A/V Hardware change API
· Launch application at Startup
· PDF and SWF within HTML
· IME support
· Encrypted Local Store.
· Certificate store.
· Processor - Modern processor (800MHz or faster)
· Memory - 512MB of RAM, 128MB of Graphics Memory
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Adobe recommends users of Adobe AIR 22.214.171.12410 and earlier versions update to Adobe AIR 2.0.3.