Adobe AIR 2.6
Adobe AIR runtime allows Adobe AIR applications to be deployed on computers and devices running the Linux operating system.
Supported Linux Distributions
- RedHat Desktop Linux 4
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5
- Novell Desktop Linux 9
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
Supported Languages English only. The final version of AIR for Linux will include support for other languages.
Supported Desktop Environments: GNOME or KDE
Package Management Systems: RPM or Debian
Window Managers: Metacity (default for GNOME) or KWin (default for KDE)
Transparency: Support for transparency in AIR applications requires a compositing window manager and additional X server extensions:
Compositing Window Managers: Beryl, Compiz, Compiz-fusion
X Server Extensions: Composite, Render, Shape
- Runtime/Application Install/Update and Uninstall.
- HTML Loader with JS support to render HTML within AIR applications.
- Local Database APIs
- File system support with support for user folders like Desktop/Documents etc.
- Desktop Integration with Drag and drop, clipboard support
- Windowing support with System chrome none/standard
- Menu support with context menu, menu bar, pop up menus and menu events.
- Network change detection (Event.NETWORK_CHANGE )
- System wide idle detection (userIdle Event)
- NativeApplication APIs
- Capabilities (OS) API
- Mouse events
- Detection of running application (InvokeEvent.INVOKE)
- File type registration
- System tray icon and menu support
- Hardware acceleration
- Menu keyboard accelerators
- Screen API (multi-monitor support)
- V4L2 camera support, A/V Hardware change API
- Launch application at Startup
- PDF and SWF within HTML
- IME support
- Encrypted Local Store.
- Certificate store.
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 2.0.3
- Adobe recommends users of Adobe AIR 184.108.40.20610 and earlier versions update to Adobe AIR 2.0.3.