videowall is a DBA VideoWall display.
System components were:
- 2x 8 TV screens arranged in a row on each side of the mural
- 5 Pentium200 PCs with 3 Matrox VGA video cards each and a Matrox Meteor framegrabber card
- 4 cameras imaging a red cloth screen below the TVs
- multiple VGA-to-TV converters, video splitters, cables, etc.
- RedHat Linux and custom X-Server that supports 3 video cards (needed at the time)
The TVs shows a cover image (stone texture). When the observer enters the space, a virtual shadow is cast onto the TVs revealing a detailed image underneath. The "shadow" is calculated from the obscured red sloth in the image path of the tiny wide-angle cameras hidden below the TVs.