nVidia FreeBSD Display Driver is the OpenGL nVidia support for graphic cards on FreeBSD operating systems.
Extract the NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-xxx.xx.tar.gz or NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x64-xxx.xx.tar.gz archive and install the driver, then edit your X config file as appropriate.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Added support for the following GPU:
· GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
· GeForce GT 720M
· GeForce GT 735M
· GeForce GT 740M
· GeForce GT 745M
· GeForce GT 750M
· Fixed a bug that could cause the X server to crash when repeatedly enabling and disabling displays.
· Updated nvidia-settings to preserve the relative positioning of displays when changing from a layout where multiple displays are on the same X screen to one where the same displays span multiple X screens.
· Fixed nvidia-settings to dlopen(3) "libvdpau.so.1", rather than "libvdpau.so".
· Fixed CVE-2013-0131: NVIDIA UNIX GPU Driver ARGB Cursor Buffer Overflow in "NoScanout" Mode. This buffer overflow, which occurred when an X client installed a large ARGB cursor on an X server running in NoScanout mode, could cause a denial of service (e.g., an X server segmentation fault), or could be exploited to achieve arbitrary code execution.
· For more details, see: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3290
· Added initial support for restoration of efifb consoles on UEFI systems where the primary display is driven over VGA or TMDS (e.g. DVI, HDMI, or LVDS).
Added support for the xorg.conf Monitor section options "Ignore", "Enable", "Primary", and "Rotate".For example, to rotate a monitor identified by a specific EDID hash, one could add the following to /etc/X11/xorg.conf or a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d:
· Section "Monitor"
· Identifier "DPY-EDID-ee6cecc0-fa46-0c33-94e0-274313f9e7eb"
· Option "Rotate" "left"
· See the README and the xorg.conf(5) man page for more information.
· Added an Underscan feature in the nvidia-settings X Server Display Configuration page which allows the configuration of an underscan border around the ViewPortOut.This feature was formerly known as Overscan Compensation.
· Added support for application profiles to the NVIDIA client-side GLX implementation. See the "Application Profiles" chapter of the README for more information.
· Added the "PanningTrackingArea" and "PanningBorder" MetaMode attributes.
· Added support for RandR 1.3 panning.
· Improved performance when the Accel option is disabled.
· Updated the nvidia-settings command line interface to accept display device names, as well as optional target qualifiers, e.g.
· nvidia-settings -q [DVI-I-0]/RefreshRate
· nvidia-settings -q [GPU-1.DVI_I-1]/RefreshRate
· Updated the nvidia-settings command line interface to no longer assume the "X screen 0" target, when no target is specified in query and assign operations.Instead, all valid targets of the attribute are processed.
· Fixed a memory leak that occurred when destroying a GLX window but not its associated X window.
· Fixed a bug that could cause nvidia-installer to fail to delete directories created as part of a previous installation.
· Updated nvidia-installer to report failures to remove installed files or restore backed up files with a single warning message, instead of a separate message for each individual failure.
· Improved the performance of modesets in cases where the mode timings remained the same, but other parameters of the mode configuration, such as the ViewPort or panning domain, changed.
· Fixed an issue with RENDER convolution filters.The driver will no longer normalize filter kernels before accelerating them.
· Improved debuggability of the NVIDIA OpenGL libraries by including proper stack unwinding information on all supported architectures.
· Fixed a bug that caused RENDER Pictures to be sampled incorrectly when using nearest filtering in some cases.
· Added support for the RandR "Border" and "BorderDimensions" Output properties, which can be used to configure the ViewPortOut of an RandR output.This is functionally equivalent to the "ViewPortOut" MetaMode token.
· Fixed a bug where RRGetCrtcInfo could report incorrect size information when an RandR output has a custom ViewPortIn.
· Further improve performance of some versions of HyperMesh with Quadro GPUs.
· Added a VDPAU page to the nvidia-settings control panel, to display information about the decoding capabilities of VDPAU-capable GPUs.
· Added support for dynamic mode management through RandR, e.g. via the --newmode, --rmmode, and --delmode options in xrandr(1).
· Increased the number of pages that are shareable across multiple processes in the x86 build of libnvidia-glcore.so, by reducing its R_386_PC32 relocation count.
· Fixed a bug that caused XVideo applications to receive BadAlloc errors after VT switches and mode switches that occurred while a composite manager was running.
· Removed the X driver's support for "CursorShadow".