Zoom Profiler 3.2.0
A graphical, low-overhead, statistical profiler for Linux.
Profiles are system-wide, precise down to the instruction level, and capture complete backtraces of C/C++/ObjC/Fortran/Assembly code.
- CPU vendors' profilers are tied to specific processor families. With Zoom, you can profile on all mainstream processors.
- Zoom's overhead is typically under 5% of total time so you get an accurate picture of your application's hotspots.
- A backtrace is collected with every sample, so you know exactly what code is running and why it's running.
- Zoom can profile across a network using a unique client/server model. You can also profile on the command-line or with scripts.
- Zoom analyzes your application's assembly and source code to provide processor-specific performance hints.
- Zoom provides definitions for assembly instructions and offers specific tuning advice for many compilers.
- Open any executable, library or object file and browse its contents. Understand what the compiler has included and what code might be improved.
- Since Zoom is low-overhead and scriptable, you can use Zoom as a QA tool. Run it with every build to track performance regressions.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added ability to view sample count/time and percentage simultaneously
- Added option to group samples by process name rather than PID
- Changed default hot key to start/stop profiling to Shift-F1
- Added option to install to custom path on Linux