ZD1211 Driver 1.4
ZD1211 is a compact, low power, high security and high performance solution for versatile WLAN applications.
ZD1211 integrates WLAN MAC controller, base-band processor and USB 2.0 interface in single chip. The integrated USB 2.0 controller reduces the cost and design complexity. No extra memory device is needed. It can fit into small PCB form factor.
There is Micro-Controller inside the chip. This allows the flexibility to software change the operation scenario to adapt in USB or WLAN compatibility issues.
Integrated standard compliant hardware security engine to improve the performance in security mode.
The hardware engine includes the WEP64, WEP128, WEP256, AES-CCM, TKIP that comply Wi-Fi and IEEE 802.11 defined standards.
ZD1211 considers the power management issues in WLAN applications and USB certification. It provides the lower power consumption for WLAN in power saving mode and USB suspend mode.
ZD1211 can operate in the mode of station and access point. It can fit to feature demand in different WLAN applications.
Optional 16 bit host interface is provided. This interface can connect to the memory bus of host processor . It will be useful in embedded application.
Specifications & Advantages
· IEEE802.11a/b/g Compliance
· 128pin / 14x14mm in LQPF package
· USB 2.0 interface and compatible with USB 1.1
· Integrated single chip with BBP/MAC/USB 2.0 PHY to reduce B.O.M cost and shrink PCB form factor
· Micro controller inside for USB compatibility upgrade
· Programmable RF interface
· High level security – WEP64/128/256, WPA(HW TKIP support) and AES128-CCMP
· Support Auto-installation function to easy install driver without CD.
· Provide WLAN+NAND Flash combo solution.
· Software AP support
Here are some key features of "ZD1211 Driver":
Baseband Processor (BBP)
· 802.11b support rate: 1M, 2M, 5.5M, 11M bps
· 802.11a/g support rate : 6M, 9M, 12M, 18M, 24M, 36M, 48M, 54M bps
· Modulation scheme: DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK,OFDM
· Supports 802.11b short preamble
Medium Access Controller (MAC)
· Hardwire implements MAC protocol
· Provide station and access point mode
· Integrate hardware security engine: WEP64, WEP128, WEP256, AES-CCM, TKIP
· USB 2.0 client interface
· 16 bit host interface
· USB Bus power device
· Package: 128-pin 14x14 LQFP
· Dual power: 3.3V for I/O pad and 1.8V for core
· 40Mhz external Clock input
· Micro Controller inside without external memory
· Single chip solution for MAC and Baseband
· 6 general purpose IO pins and 2 LED pins
· 32k bit EEPROM Interface
· Optional 4M byte external memory interface
· IEEE 802.11a/b/g WLAN USB dongle
· IEEE 802.11 a/b/g WLAN CF card
· IEEE 802.11 a/b/g WLAN Embedded System
What's New in This Release:
· Sync to vendor driver v220.127.116.11
· According to Atheros, this firmware fixes a USB disconnect issue which most commonly appeared when running "lsusb" or "cat /proc/usb/devices" while using the device.