QSynaptics aims to help desktop users to configure their synaptics touch pad that's commonly used in laptops.
The program uses Qt 3.2, is easy to manage and performs the basic configuration steps to use your pad more efficiently. The program is based on the X11 synaptics touch pad driver.
Here are some key features of "QSynaptics":
· pressure sensitivity: adjust how strong you have to press your pad to create events
· tapping: adjustable tapping delay and disengageable tapping
· smart tapping: switches off mouse pad for an certain delay after an keyboard event has occured
· mouse button emulation: mapping of multifinger taps to certain mouse button
· circular scrolling: enable or disable circular scrolling and adjusting the speed, configuring sensitive edges/corners
· A mobile computer with an compatible touch pad, the X11 synaptics driver must be installed.
· To compile you need Qt Designer 3.2 and Qt 3.2 installed.
· I develop under Linux only, but I assume that it might be portable to BSD as well.
Just in case you don't want to compile on your own, I deliver the tarballs with a compiled binary, that hopefully run under your favourite distro.