KToshiba 0.11 / 0.4.0 RC2
KToshiba is a battery monitor and Fn-Key support for Toshiba laptops.
It also features a Grapical User Interface (UI) higly integrated with KDE a powerful Desktop Environment, and a configuration module available through the Control Center or directly from the application panel menu.
All of these couln't be done without the work of Jonathan Buzzard and his Toshiba utilities.
Here are some key features of "KToshiba":
· Battery status monitoring (including AC status)
· Monitoring of MultiMedia keys on front panel (if available)
· Mute/Unmuting (via KMix)
· Lock Screen (via DCOP call)
· Battery Save Mode options
· Suspend to RAM (via ACPI, if available)
· Suspend to Disk (via ACPI, if available)
· Video Out toggling (for the moment only a widget displays status, since some models do it automatically)
· Raise/Lower LCD Brightness
· Control Wireless Antenna power (On/Off), and monitor switch status (On/Off)
· MousePad enabling/disabling (via ksynaptics and synaptics driver, if available)
· Control of Speaker volume (for models that do it via hotkey)
· Control the Fan status (On/Off)
· Selection of desired Boot Priority
· Control LCD Backlight (On/Off)
· Control Bluetooth device (On, if available)
· Control CPU Frequency Scaling via SpeedStep(r) (if available)
· Control Hyper-Threading(r) support (if available)
· More to come... (hopefully)
What's New in This Release:
· Suspend support now uses HAL
· KToshiba is now able to run commands using Fn-Keys
· New model IDs added
· KToshiba now requires libsynaptics
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.4.0 RC2
- Fn-F2 now toggles PowerDevil profiles correctly.
- Kaffeine is anow a supported media player (kaffeine >= 1.0pre3 required).
- Added spanish translation.