Gnome-Pilot is a package with a daemon (gpilotd) that monitor for pilot connects on one or more devices (cradles/XCopilots/xxx). Gnome-Pilot has an API for creating conduits as well as a couple of default conduits, including one for backing up files, and one for installing files.
Other packages exist that provide additional conduits, most notably gnome-pilot-conduits, and the Evolution mail/calendar/memo PIM application suite.
- gnome-pilot requires the pilot-link library and header files. See http://www.pilot-link.org for newest .tar.gz of pilot-link.
- To compile the latest development version in cvs of this software, you may need to get pilot-link from cvs:
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvs/pilot-link login
The password is just < ENTER >.
cvs -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvs/pilot-link co pilot-link
You want to disable some of the languages to get it to build,
./configure --help for the appropriate options.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Significant changes and bug fixes since 2.32.0:
· fix crash in configuration applet when configuring multiple Evolution conduits #644319
· fix crash in configuration applet caused by non-ASCII characters in owner name, introduced in migration to dbus in 2.32.0
· fix gob rules to support parallel builds, and todo conduit map-file patch #634874,634869.
· Fix map-file path for todo conduit. #634869
· fix include problem when using a separate build directory. #634880
· Use dbus directly for device detection, instead of HAL. #593936
· Use gnome-doc-utils (Mario Blttermann)
· Thanks to Matt McCutchen for several bug-fixes and improvements (#634874, #634869, #634880, #634873).
Thanks to the translation team for their great work:
· Daniel Mustieles (es)
· Yinghua Wang (zh_CN)
· Daniel Nylander (sv) Andrea Zagli (it)
· Kjartan Maraas (nb)
· Antonio Fernandes C. Neto (pt_BR)
· Inaki Larranaga (eu)