GFreqlet is a GNOME applet for Linux that not only monitors CPU frequency scaling, but also allows the end user to change the frequency or governor with just a click.
It automatically detects which frequencies and governors your processor supports, so there is no configuration required. The applet itself is not run as root, nor required to modify to run with root ownership, but password prompts with gksudo if a super user action is required. GFreqlet is very straight forward and minimal.
This project is open source software, licensed under the GNU GPL (General Public License).
· A modern processor that supports CPU frequency scaling
· Linux kernel 2.6.x compiled with CPU frequency scaling, procfs and sysfs support
· http://www.gnome.org - GNOME Desktop, GNOME applets
· http://www.python.org - The Python programming language
· http://www.pygtk.org - GTK+ bindings for Python
· Python bindings for the gnome desktop environment (python-gnome-desktop in Ubuntu)
What's New in This Release:
· Added support for Power Management (ACPI) on notebook systems.
· New preferences for default frequency scaling on AC and battery power.