A graphical serial terminal, like minicom
It is free software and distributed under the GNU General Public License Version 2, which can find in the file COPYING. It is written using the Qt library by Trolltech. Follow this link to visit the sourceforge project page.
Cutecom doesn't use the autotools (autoconf, automake, libtool, etc.) Instead "configure" is simply a wrapper script which calls qmake. To uninstall cutecom simply delete the file "cutecom" and the file "cutecom.desktop" and you're done. The config file is ~/.qt/cutecomrc.
Here are some key features of "CuteCom":
· easy to use GUI
· no cryptic keyboard shortcuts
· lineoriented interface instead of character-oriented
· Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Q and Ctrl+S control sequences work
· input history
· a cute GUI ;-)
· xmodem, ymodem, zmodem support (requires the sz tools)
· easy to differentiate between typed text and echoed text
· select between read/write, read-only and write-only open mode
· open the device without changing its settings
· hexadecimal input and output
· configurable line end characters (LF, CR, LFCR)
· configurable delay between characters
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- CuteCom now also works on Mac OS X, patch by Oliver Klauke
- support for more baudrates
- install man page to /share/man/man1 instead to /man/man1 (seems to be more standard conform)
- require Qt >= 4.1.0 (0.21.0 required 4.3)