Auto-autofs is a Perl script that searches the hardware for block devices using the /proc directory.
The script generates also automounter entries for all ISO (or other loopback) files in special folders.
It creates a configuration file (automounter map) or works as a configuration program for automount.
Also a HTML file with all devices will be generated, so it's possible to mount (and umount) partitions by clicking on a link.
Here are some key features of "Auto autofs":
· Finds IDE and SCSI block devices via /proc
· Finds partitions on harddisks
· Filesystem and disk size detection via fdisk
· Gives the Devices automatically a fitting name (cdrom, cdwriter, zip, part etc.)
· By more than one device the names will be numbered (cdrom, cdrom1, cdrom2 etc)
· It's possible to give devices an alias (/dev/hdd1 -> "export")
· Volume or partition label support (for ext2, ext3, udf, isofs, reiserfs, ntfs and vfat)
· more filesystems can be added
· Support for Audio and Video CDROMs (see README file) (NEW)
· Support for IDE-SCSI Emulation
· Support for umount/eject
· Configurable commands
· With Icons (32x32 or 16x16) from KDE
· Support for ISO Files and other loop back files
· Add your devices as QuickBrowser to your KDE Panel
· Free configurable
· Automatically configuration
· Automatically creates symbolic links (/dev/cdrom --> /dev/scd0)
· I18n support
What's New in This Release:
· removed some kde stuff
· syntax change of index.html
· change default access rights