webmin-fsacls is a webmin module for managing Posix Access Control Lists (ACLs) on files and directories.
ACLs refer to POSIX Access Control Lists, which are used to define more fine-grained discretionary access rights for files and directories.
Every object can be thought of as having associated with it an ACL that governs the discretionary access to that object; this ACL is referred to as an access ACL. In addition, a directory may have an associated ACL that governs the initial access ACL for objects created within that directory; this ACL is referred to as a default ACL.
An ACL consists of a set of ACL entries. An ACL entry specifies the access permissions on the associated object for an individual user or a group of users as a combination of read, write and search/execute permissions.
· getfacl and setfacl utilities and libraries
· a kernel compiled with the ACLs extensions (currently a patch has to be applied to the sources)
· the volume must be formatted with a file system that supports ACLs : ext3, reiserfs,xfs,...
· the volume has to be mounted with the proper option : ext3 for example has an acl option for mounting
What's New in This Release:
· fixed handling of operation result